Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Spanish Home Sales Up in November

New property sales up 0.6% in November
New property sales up 0.6% in November

New property sales up 0.6% in November

According to figures from the National Institute of Statistics, there were 83,221 property sales in November, an annual increase of 4.2%.

84.6% of those property sales were urban properties, with the remaining 15.4% classed as rustic. In the case of the urban properties, 56.3% were for the sale of homes.

The number of sales of rustic properties increased year-on-year by 17.8% in November. Meanwhile, the sale of urban properties increased only 2%. Within urban property sales, the number of home sales increased by 1.9%.

Of the home sales in November, 19.5% were for the sale of new homes, while 80.5% were second-hand properties. The number of new home sales showed a year-on-year increase of just 0.6%, while sales of used homes increased by 2.2% compared to November 2019. As some say, an increase is an increase no matter how small!

Autonomous Communities

In November, the total number of property sales per 100,000 inhabitants was highest in La Rioja (788) Castilla y León (708) and Castilla – La Mancha (651).

The Basque Country (20.3%), Extremadura (17.2%) and Galicia (15.1%) registered the highest annual variation rates.

Meanwhile, the biggest annual falls in sales numbers were seen in Murcia (–6.5%), the Canary Islands (–5.4%) and Navarra (–4.1%).

Looking only at home sales, the communities with the highest number of sales per 100,000 inhabitants are Valencia (147), Castilla-La Mancha (129) and La Rioja (120).

The Autonomous Communities that presented the highest annual increases in the number of home sales in November were Castilla – La Mancha (33.5%), Asturias (31.4%) and Extremadura (24.9%).

The Balearic Islands (–16.8%), Andalucía (–7.1%), Murcia and Navarra (both –6.0%) registered the greatest decreases in home sales in November.


The total number of property sales in Andalucía in November was 27,138, an annual increase of 5%. In terms of homes sales in the province, the number was 7,676, which, as mentioned above, represented a variation of -7.1%.

1,448 of the properties sold in Andalucía in November were new build properties. 6,228 were used properties.