BLOG

Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Tag Archives: for sale

Home Sales and Mortgages Decline in February

New mortgages fell 12.8% compared to last year

Data provided by the College of Property Registrars on the home sales and of new mortgages registered during the month of February confirms the downward trend and the impact on the market of the coronavirus pandemic. After the bad start seen in January, with the biggest drop seen in mortgages (-30.4%) and the return to Continue Reading

Second-Hand House Prices Up in February

Spanish housing continues to bounce back

The price of second-hand housing in Spain increased by 0.5% in February placing the average cost per square metre at 1,883 euros. Year-on-year, the variation was +2.2%, the fourth year-on-year increase following 11 months of falls (from December 2019 to October 2020). “One of the most significant consequences that the confinement of 2020 has left Continue Reading

Used House Prices Down 30% in 15 Years

Spanish property prices are down 30% since 2005

The cumulative price of housing for sale has risen in Spain by 16% in the last 5 years, but has fallen by -17% in 10 years and by -30% in the last 15 years. This is according to a report from fotocasa which was based on the prices of housing for sale in December of Continue Reading

Second-Hand Property Prices Up in January

Madrid and Basque Country are most expensive

In Spain, the monthly variation in the price of second-hand housing decreased by -0.1% in January. The year-on-year variation increased by 1.8%, bringing the average price to 1,874 euros/m², according to data from the Fotocasa. This last value is the third year-on-year rise in house prices after 11 months of year-on-year falls (from December 2019 Continue Reading

Spanish Home Sales Up in November

New property sales up 0.6% in November

According to figures from the National Institute of Statistics, there were 83,221 property sales in November, an annual increase of 4.2%. 84.6% of those property sales were urban properties, with the remaining 15.4% classed as rustic. In the case of the urban properties, 56.3% were for the sale of homes. The number of sales of Continue Reading

Andalucia Top For Home Sales in October

Andalucia still popular with home buyers

In Spain, there was 156,875 property transfers registered in the property registers in October. This is 8.2% less than in the same month of 2019, according to figures released by the INE. Of those transfers, 77,536 related to property sales/purchases, an annual decrease of 11.6%. Of those sales, 84.2% were in regard to urban properties, Continue Reading

Price of Used Housing Increased in November

Madrid is most expensive community for housing

Used house prices in Spain increased by 1% when compared to the previous month to reach an average price of 1,877 euros p/m². The annual variation of +0.7% is the first monthly interannual increase following 11 months of year-on-year drops (since December 2019). “The market for housing for sale has been very dynamic and agile Continue Reading

Drop in Foreign Buyers in First Half of 2020

First half of 2020 saw loss of foreign buyers

The sale of housing to foreign buyers suffered greatly during the early stages of lockdown resulting in a negative variation in the first half of 2020. Notaries recorded 37.4% fewer transactions than in the same half of the previous year. For the first six months of 2020, home purchases made by foreign buyers accounted for Continue Reading

Housing Sales Increased in September

Andalucia saw a 6.5% increase in home sales

Property sales in Spain showed an annual increase of 5.4% in September, rising to 79,157 sales. Sales of housing reached 37,839 transactions. This shows a -1.1% reduction when compared to September 2019. However, on the monthly variation, home sales increased 20.5% when compared to August 2020, according to figures from the INE. 83.7% of the Continue Reading

Second-Hand House Prices Up in October

Average price per m in Andalucia is 1,642€

In October, the price of second-hand housing in Spain increased by 0.8% when compared to the previous year, and fell by 1.7% when compared to September. This puts the average price of second-hand housing at 1,859 euros p/m². This marks the eleventh monthly fall. The most recent positive monthly variation was seen in November 2019. Continue Reading