BLOG

Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Tag Archives: sales

Home Sales Increased in October

Home Sales Increased in October

The number of homes sold in October was 49,515, according to the General Council of Notaries. This represents an increase of 8.4% when compared to the same month last year. By type of property, the sales of flats showed an increase of 6.2%, while sales of single-family homes showed an increase of 16.5%, year-on-year. The Continue Reading

Sales to foreign buyers continue to grow

Foreign buyers account for 18.7% of property sales

The number of sales of property to foreign buyers continued to grow in the first half of 2018, although the trend of double-digit growth has ended. Sales of Spanish properties to foreign buyers amounted to 53,359 transactions in the first six months of the year, representing an annual increase of 5.6%. These sales accounted for Continue Reading

Property Sales Continue to Increase

Property Sales Continue to Increase

The number of properties transferred in the properties register in September was 147,377. This is a 7.7% increase when compared to the same month of 2017, according to data from the INE. In the case of property sales, the number of operations was 83,583, which is an annual increase of 11.6%. 88.1% of the properties Continue Reading

Average house prices increased in September

Apartment sales suffered a fall of 1.1%

The number of urban property sales in September reached 41,519, according to the General Council of Notaries. This represents a slight year-on-year increase of 0.2%. By type of housing, the sale of apartments showed an annual variation of -1.1%. This fall was attributed to a fall in the sale of new properties, given that the Continue Reading

Home Sales Increased in August

Home sales up in August

The total number of properties transferred in the property registers in August was 156,893. This represents 7.8% more than in the same month last year. 88.7% of purchases in August related to urban property and 11.3% were rural. In the case of urban properties, 58.5% were home purchases, amounting to 44,637 properties. On the monthly Continue Reading

Home Sales Increased in July

The total number of properties transferred in the property registers in Spain in July was 169,683. This represents an increase of 14.5% when compared to the same month in the previous year, according to the latest data released by the INE. 87.8% of the purchases in July relate to urban property, while the remaining 12.2% Continue Reading

Home Sales Increase 4.7% in May

Sales of new homes increased by 9.2%

The number of transferred properties written in the property registers (from public deeds) in the month of May is 183,748, which represents a 9.8% increase over the same month of 2017. Of the total transfers, 93,366 were property sales, representing an annual increase of 4.1%, according to the latest figures from the INE. Nicolas de Continue Reading

Brexit Fear Abating Amongst British Buyers

Still a large expat communityin Spain

Spain is still the preferred destination for British people looking to purchase a home abroad, according to idealista. After the uncertainty of Brexit took its initial toll on sales across the country, it seems the fear is abating amongst potential British buyers. Property developer Taylor Wimpey say reservations on the Costa del Sol, up to Continue Reading

Six Provinces Have Seen Property Sales Double

The Balearic Islands saw 123.1% increase

There are six provinces in Spain where the number of property sales has increased by more than 100% from the minimums seen following the crisis. The recovery of the real-estate market continues and property sales continue to increase from the lows of 2013, the “annus horribilis” of the sector. Despite the fact that the latest Continue Reading

Property Sales Slowed in March

Sales of new property fell 4.6% in March

The number of property transfers registered in the property registers in March was 157,047. This represents a decrease of 7.8% when compared to March in 2017. Of those transfers, 81,303 were property sales, an annual decrease of 5.4%. 84.8% of those property sales were urban properties, with the remaining 15.2% being rural. In the case Continue Reading