There was 152,699 property transfers registered in the property records in November, according to figures released by the INE this week. This is 11.8% lower than in the same month of 2018.
86.5% of those properties were urban and 13.5% were rural. In the case of urban properties, 56.4% were home sales.
The number of rustic properties sold in November fell 8.8% on the annual rate, while urban property sales fell 7.9%. In regard to sales of housing, the figures for November 2019 are 9.3% lower than in the same month of 2018.
Of the residences sold in November, 19.8% were new build homes, while the remaining 80.2% were second-hand properties. The sale of new properties dropped 3.6% on the annual rate, while sales of second-hand homes fell 10.5%.
Sales by Autonomous Community
In November, the total number of property sales registered in the property records per 100,000 inhabitants reached its highest levels in La Rioja (700), Castilla y León (662) and Aragón (588).
The only region to register a positive annual variation was Murcia, with a 0.6% increase. Meanwhile, the smallest negative variations were seen in Galicia (–0.2%) and Extremadura (–1.0%).
The biggest falls were seen in Navarra (–33.2%), Community of Madrid (–25.1%) and the Basque Country (–20.2%).
Based on sales of registered homes, the communities with the highest number of transactions per 100,000 inhabitants are Valencia (151), Andalucía (126) and Aragón (114).
In real terms, Andalucía saw 8,391 home sales in November. This represents a 2.7% increase in home sales, when compared to November 2018.
The communities with the greatest annual increases in the number of home sales in November are Extremadura (7.0%), Aragón (5.3%) and Andalusia (2.7%).
On the other hand, La Rioja (–25.5%), Community of Madrid (–21.2%) and the Canary Islands (–21.0%) registered the greatest falls.