Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Tag Archives: 2017

8.5m Tourists Visited Spain in June

2.2 million Brits visited Spain in June

Despite the late start to the warm weather, Spain still managed to attract 8.5 million international tourists in June. This represents an increase of 1.2% when compared to the same month of 2017, according to data from the INE. The UK was once again the main country of residence for the visitors, with almost 2.2 Continue Reading

Spain’s Housing Stock Increasing

Spain's Property Stock Increasing

In 2017, there were 26,645,100 registered homes in Spain, 0.23% more than in 2016, the largest increase since 2013. Thus, in one year the housing stock has increased by more than 58,000 properties, according to data from the Ministry of Development. Andalusia was the community with the most stock, with a total of 4,422,047 registered Continue Reading

Costa del Sol Q4 Home Sales 2004-2017 Year End

The final 2017 figures are in and they show that it was a great year for home sales in some areas and not so great for others. This article follows on from one I wrote following the release of the Q1 figures, which you can find here. Firstly, here are the home sales figures for Continue Reading

Foreigners Account For 6.9% of Mortgages in 2017

The number of new mortgages registered in 2017 was 310,640, an increase of 10.9% with respect to 2016. The autonomous communities with the highest number of new mortgages were Andalucía (60,026), Comunidad de Madrid (56,866), Cataluña (50,848) and Comunidad Valenciana (32,408). Of all the autonomous communities the number of new mortgages on housing increased with Continue Reading

Urban Land Sales Increased in Last Quarter

Urban land sales increased in Q4

The number of urban land sales in Spain, the total area and the total value of sales increased in the last quarter of 2017. However, the average price of a square metre of urban land decreased in the fourth quarter of 2017 to stand at 153 euros. This represents a fall of 10.9% year-on-year. When Continue Reading

Residential Property Sales Highest Since 2008

Number of home sales by year

Residential property sales in 2017 showed the best result since 2008 with a total of 532,367 purchases throughout the year. This represents a 16.3% increase when compared to the previous year. Compared to the peak in 2006 (when sales reached 955,186 houses), we are still 44% below the maximum. However, compared to the 2013 minimums Continue Reading

Seven out of 10 Buyers Require Financing

15% of buyers had enough savings to buy

Seven out of 10 buyers who purchased a home in Spain in 2017 required bank financing and/or family assistance. In six out of 10 cases, only bank financing was required to complete a purchase. In one out of 10 cases, buyers also required family assistance on top of bank finance to buy their home. These Continue Reading

Record Number of Foreign Buyers in 2017

2017 saw many records broken in Spain in relation to tourism and the real estate market. Now, figures from the Association of Registrars shows the number of properties sold to foreign buyers also broke records. During 2017, foreign buyers bought more than 61,000 homes in Spain, mostly in the coastal provinces and the islands. According Continue Reading

Spanish Home Sales Up 9.2% in December

10.7% increase in home sales in Andalucia

The number of properties transferred in the national property registers in December was 125,263, 1.9% more than the previous December. Of those transfers, the total number of sales/purchases was 64,135, representing an annual increase of 4.1%. 85% of those properties were urban, while the remaining 15% were rural properties. In the case of urban properties, Continue Reading

Andalucía Expects 30 million Tourists in 2018

Susana Díaz at Fitur, 2018

President of the Junta de Andalucia, Susana Díaz, opened the Andalucía section of the Fitur international tourism fair by announcing the regions greatest tourism results. As mentioned in a previous article, 2017 saw the region’s best year in terms of tourist numbers. Although no official figure has been released, it seems likely that the total Continue Reading