Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Home Sales Increased in July

July saw a 16.2% increase in home sales

July saw a 16.2% increase in home sales

The total number of properties transferred in the property registers in Spain in July was 169,683. This represents an increase of 14.5% when compared to the same month in the previous year, according to the latest data released by the INE.

87.8% of the purchases in July relate to urban property, while the remaining 12.2% relate to rural property. In the case of urban properties, 58.7% refer to home purchases.

The number of rural property purchases increased by 8.3% in July, on the annual rate. Urban property sales increased by 14.3%. Within urban property sales, home sales recorded an annual increase of 16.2%.

Autonomous Communities

In July, the total number of transferred properties per 100,000 inhabitants reached its highest value in La Rioja (759), Aragón (645) and Valencia (611).

Navarra (25.5%), the Balearic Islands (24.9%) and Valencia (24.6%) registered the highest annual variation rates.

On the other hand, the Canary Islands (-6.3%), Aragón (5.0%) and La Rioja (6.9%) had the lowest annual rates.

Regarding the sale of registered homes, the communities with the highest number of transmissions per 100,000 inhabitants were Valencia (185), the Balearic Islands (172) and Madrid (137). In Andalucia, the number of home sales per 100,000 inhabitants was 132 (8,730 operations), representing an annual variation of +20.4%.

The communities with the highest annual increases in the number of home sales in July were Aragón (32.0%), Galicia (28.6%) and Castilla-La Mancha (27.1%).

On the other hand, La Rioja (-4.2%), the Canary Islands (-3.9%) and Cataluña (4.4%) registered the lowest annual variation rates in July.