BLOG

Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Monthly Archives: January, 2018

Number of Home Mortgages Fell in November

Number of new mortgages fell in November

The average amount of new mortgages approved in November was 145,769 euros. This is 15.1% higher than in the same month in 2016. This is according to the latest data released by the INE. The number of new mortgages on homes was 24,882. This represents a 3.7% fall compared to the previous year. The average Continue Reading

Andalucía Expects 30 million Tourists in 2018

Susana Díaz at Fitur, 2018

President of the Junta de Andalucia, Susana Díaz, opened the Andalucía section of the Fitur international tourism fair by announcing the regions greatest tourism results. As mentioned in a previous article, 2017 saw the region’s best year in terms of tourist numbers. Although no official figure has been released, it seems likely that the total Continue Reading

2017 Broke Records at Málaga Airport

Malaga saw more flights and passengers than ever before

Malaga Airport broke records in 2017 with the highest number of passengers as well as the number of flight operations, according to airport network operator AENA. Over the course of the year, Málaga airport staff handled 18,628,786 passengers, an increase of 11.7% over 2016, almost 2 million more passengers. This is the most passengers dealt Continue Reading

“Capitals and large cities” Top House Price Increases

The Mediterranean Coast was hit hardest by the crisis

The Tinsa IMIE General Index and Large Markets, which is calculated from the appraisals of finished housing (new and used), collects each month the interannual variation of the value of a m² of property and its level with respect to 2001 (base 1,000) in five representative areas that make up the housing market: “Capitals and Continue Reading

2017 Was “Spectacular” For Costa del Sol Tourism

12.5 million tourists hit the Costa del Sol

The Costa del Sol had a “spectacular tourist year” in 2017, according to the President of Costa del Sol Tourism, Elías Bendodo. In a press conference on Thursday morning, Bendodo expressed his delight at figures showing 9.5% growth in tourist revenues for the holiday-hotspot. Bendodo said “the record figures follow the general trend of Spain, Continue Reading

November Saw Property Sales Increase

Home sales increased 18.1% in November

There were 153,390 property transfers recorded in the property registers in November 2017. This represents a 4.9% increase when compared to the same month in 2016 , according to the latest figures from the National Institute of Statistics (INE). 85.4% of the purchases correspond to urban property, with the remaining 14.6% being for rural properties. Continue Reading

Tourist Spending Increased in November

The Canary Islands took 32.5% of tourist spending

International tourists visiting Spain in November spent a staggering 4,638 million euros while there were here. This represents an increase of 10.3% when compared to tourist spending in the same month in the previous year. The average expenditure per tourist was 1,054 euros, an annual increase of 2.7%. Tourists also spent slightly more on a Continue Reading

Cost of Renting Up 18.4% in 2017

Barcelona has the highest cost of renting

The cost of renting housing in Spain experienced a rebound in 2017 and ended the year with an annual increase of 18.4%. This leaves the average cost per month at 9.7 euros per square metre. The fourth quarter of the year saw a slowdown in the pace of growth as prices only increased by 3.3% Continue Reading

Used Housing Prices Up 2.4% in 2017

The Balearic Islands saw the biggest rise in 2017

The price of used housing in Spain registered a small year-on-year increase in 2017. Prices rose 2.4% in the last 12 months to reach an average of 1,586 euros/m². Fernando Encinar, head of idealista studies, said “If 2016 was a turning point in the evolution of the market, in 2017 we would have to talk Continue Reading

Not Enough Rental Property in Estepona

"impossible" to find rental property in Estepona

As rental costs increase many people are finding it difficult to find a home to rent in much of Spain. Down here on the Costa del Sol, Marbella is also suffering from low levels of long-term rental stock. It is certainly more difficult for those on a lower budget. There are new properties being built Continue Reading