BLOG

Here you will find news, views, events and information relating to real-estate in Spain.

Monthly Archives: November, 2016

Mortgage Approvals Up But The Game Has Changed

The mortgage market in Spain is continuing to pick up speed. We are still a long way from the volume of new mortgages that we saw during the property bubble, but recently we have seen double-digit growth in lending month after month. In Malaga over the first three quarters of the year there have been Continue Reading

Spanish Property Owners Not Worried About Brexit

Despite the concerns of the British regarding the Brexit, only three in 10 Spanish property owners believe that the UK’s departure from the EU will affect the Spanish real estate market. However, when you ask those who own properties in areas that are more popular with Britons (Catalonia, Valencia, Murcia, Andalusia, the Balearic and Canary Continue Reading

Another Month of Growth For Malaga Airport

Malaga-Costa del Sol Airport closed October with another month of growth, with over 1.5 million international passengers. A total of 1,711,802 passengers passed through Malaga Airport, with 1,520,033 being on international flights, an annual increase of 20.9%. This is according to data released by airport network AENA. Passengers were carried on over twelve thousand flights, Continue Reading

Rental Returns Increasing Year-on-Year

Buying a property in Spain and putting it out to rent seems to increase in profitability year on year. This is according to analysis by property portal fotocasa. Their data shows that the annual profitability that can be obtained from renting out a property is currently 5.3%. In 2015 it was 5.2%, in 2014 it Continue Reading

Housing Sales Increased in September

The total number of properties sold in Spain in September was 132,263, representing a slight decrease of -0.5% when compared to September in the previous year. The monthly variation was -1.7% when compared to August 2016. 86.4% of properties sold were urban, while the remaining 13.6% were rustic properties. In the case of urban properties, Continue Reading

Spanish Housing Market Unchanged in October

The Spanish housing market (new and used property) remained stable in October. The IMIE House Price Index, from Tinsa, was unchanged since October 2015 standing at 1,379 points. Over the first ten months of the year the average price in Spain has increased only 2.2% Of the groups Tinsa evaluates only “Capitals and Major Cities” Continue Reading

Tourist Spending Increased in September

The total spending by international visitors to Spain amounted to 8,328 million euros in September. This represents an increase of 10.9% over the same month in 2015, according to figures released by the INE. The average per tourist was 1,057 euros, representing an annual increase of 0.6%, while the average daily spend was 135 euros, Continue Reading

Property Prices Fell in October

Resale property prices in Spain fell by 1.3% in October to stand at an average of 1,513 euros p/m². When compared to October 2015 the variation is higher at -4.2%, according to the latest price index from idealista. Autonomous Communities The average price of used housing increased in only 2 of the 17 autonomous communities. Continue Reading